I know that for most of you praying is a skill that most of you have...some in great measure and for others ...not so much. If you are like me, you really want to be a person of prayer....you've started a dozen prayer journals over the years, you have committed time and time again to be much more disciplined as a man or woman of prayer. You talk a good game...but deep down inside you know you are not really a good pray-er. You find it hard to sit still. You are easily distracted. You fall asleep. You don't know what to pray for. We have all experienced these feelings..feelings of inadequacy in a matter that we know is quite important. Be encouraged. Here is an opportunity to join an army of prayer warriors; men and women just as frail as you in prayer...but just as determined.
In joining the 20/20 Prayer movement you will be joining a host of pray-ers who are, just like you, learning how to be a man or woman of prayer. None of us have it figured out. We fall down...we get up...day after day after day. And Christ is honored every time we do.
Once a week you will have an opportunity to forget about yourself. You will be afforded the privilege of bringing a petition before the creator of the universe and laying it down at His feet...joining a chorus of others who are doing the exact same thing.
First, let me congratulate you on making this commitment. The eternal destiny of many hangs in the balance of your prayer window. Never underestimate the singular power of your prayers. Here are a few simple ways you might structure your prayer time. I hope they are helpful.
1. Get alone in a quiet place free from distractions
2. Read a passage of scriptures first...read them back to God; then read your 20/20 prayer requests, one at a time and pray for them one at a time.
3. Take a moment to really think about what you are praying for. Picture in your mind your requester being with you asking you to pray these requests.
4. End your time with thanksgiving... take a moment to thank our Father for making a way for us to come into His presence through the blood of Jesus and for giving us the privilege of speaking and communing with Him.
5. If you have time go to the Prelude 20/20 website and see the “answers to prayer” section and thank God for his answers to your prayers.
6. Click the “Yes, I prayed” button (when it is activated)
Voila! You will have joined a chorus of others praying for Gods will to be done here on earth as it is in heaven. Paul to the church in Corinth told us... “You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessing granted us through the prayers of many.” 2 Corinthians 1:11
I pray that this adventure of prayer will deepen your love for our God, our King and our Shepherd... and many lives will be blessed through the prayers of many.
grace to you,