Personal Plan for Daily Prayer
1. Start off with SILENCE….take about 5 minutes to sit still before the Lord. We are very rushed and busy people. Just sit still in silence. Don’t put on music during your time with the Father. It only reflects your discomfort with silence.
2. Acknowledge being in the Lord’s presence. Tell the Lord hello in other words. (2 minutes)
3. Ask the Lord to reveal Himself to you afresh. Commit to Him to listen and obey.
4. Read a passage in the scriptures for about 5 minutes. Ask the Lord to speak to you through His word. Take time to listen and meditate. (Mull over what He is trying to say in your life or in the lives of others around you.)
5. Praise the Lord for His word and for His majesty. (5 minutes)
6. Think on the cross for a few minutes. Go the scriptures and read the Garden of Gethsemane and crucifixion passages as well as those dealing with the resurrection. (5 minutes)
7. Confess your sins to the Father and ask him for forgiveness. Ask Him to shine his light deep into your heart to root out any sin that lingers there. Take time to listen to Him (10 minutes) you will be surprised at what He digs up.
8. Think on the things that you have to be thankful for. Thank Him for them. Thank Him for everything. Nothing is too small! (5 minutes)
9. Bring your requests before the Lord. Pray for the needs of others. Make a list so that you can be consistent. Record God’s answers somewhere. Move them to the Thanksgivings list. Pray for the needs of yourself. (25 minutes)
10. Listen. Just stop and sit still again. Listen to what the Father may be saying to you. (5 minutes)